All dental practices that are part of the Dental Care Network take the health and safety of their patients and team members very seriously. In Australia, practices across the Dental Care Network remain open. As the situation with COVID-19 has evolved, all practices have introduced several measures to help keep their patients and staff safe.
Some of the measures each practice regularly adheres to, or that have been implemented specifically for COVID-19, include:
- Standard infection control procedures to reduce the spread of any infection;
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for all treatments, such as standard level 2 surgical masks, protective eyewear and gloves;
- Strengthening of cleaning procedures, including actively promoting the regular use of disinfectant hand sanitiser and surface wipes;
- Reminding all staff of personal hygiene measures and our Infectious Diseases Policy; and
- Voluntary touch-free temperature checks for all staff and patients.
In addition, every practice is ensuring that patients and workers who are deemed high risk, according to the Government’s advice, do not come into the practice.
In line with this we ask that you please call your dental practice to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- Have arrived in Australia from overseas in the last 14 days; or
- Are feeling unwell with flu like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat.
We continue to closely monitor the situation and amend our processes accordingly. If you have concerns or questions, please call your local dental practice ahead of your visit.
Dental Care Network is an online resource for finding and understanding dental services. It’s powered by Dental Corporation, the largest dental network in Australia and New Zealand.
We are owned by Bupa. As a health and care partner, Bupa knows that oral health and general health have a two-way relationship. We want people to live longer, healthier, happier lives — we just happen to focus on the oral health aspect of that goal.
For further information about Bupa’s preparedness for COVID-19, please visit Bupa’s newsroom.