Job Reference: OFGN-JO-2012-17348
- Rare opportunity for an experienced Oral Health Therapist
- Join our friendly team at our state of the art practices
- Working between practice locations in Narellan & Camden
At Barry Smith Dental, we know that you and your family are individuals with unique needs. That's why we offer a wide range of treatments in every situation, to help you take the best possible care of your oral health.
Our team are trained in many areas of dentistry, and we'll make sure you feel as comfortable as possible when you visit our clinics.
With patient referrals directly from Bupa and also catering to the general public, there are both existing and new patients.
We are looking for an experience Oral Health Therapist to join our friendly & dynamic team.
The ideal applicant must be confident and interested to keeping up-to-date with the latest dental technologies. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must, as is a commitment to providing exceptional patient care.
When you join the team, you’re also part of Bupa Dental Corporation which means:
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities that are tailored to you
- Be part of Bupa a health and care partner devoted to helping patients lead happier healthier lives
Join us at Bupa Dental and be part of Australasia largest dental network. Give the kind of patient care you love to get and hone your expertise! Have a great team of skilled dental nurses in the surgery, work with modern equipment and enjoy clinical autonomy of running your books. Have access and participate in our clinical education and training for clinicians that offers CPD points too!
Heart of the role
- Perform scaling, root planning and selective polishing for designated patients
- Provide radiographs when appropriate
- Provide topical fluoride applications
- Willingness to exceed patient’s expectations and develop relationships
- Actively promote comprehensive dentistry and active maintenance
- Accurately interpret treatment plans aims and objectives and maintain accurate detailed clinical records
- Gather data relevant to dentist’s direction and concurrently assesses patients’ presenting condition
- Adhere to infection protocols and practices
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 1-2 years local Australian experience
- Possess a Bachelor Degree in Oral Health Therapy or Qualifications in Dental Hygiene
- Current AHPRA registration and working rights in Australia
- Possession of current licence and operating experience with X-ray equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with all aspects of general dentistry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work across two practice locations Narellan and Camden
How to apply
Click Apply Now to submit your resume and cover letter. To be considered for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Citizen or Australia Permanent Resident, currently registered with AHPRA with a valid Professional Indemnity Insurance.