Job Reference: LSGQ-JO-2105-18054
At North Queensland Family Dental, everything we do is about delivering great patient experiences. We always aim to allow the right amount of time for each appointment and look to invest in only the highest quality equipment. We believe in our dentists and give them clinical freedom to do the right thing for their patients and a variety of different opportunities to continually develop in their careers.
For you, it means being part of a truly empowering environment, without the distractions of worrying about the more administrative tasks. It means you can focus on delivering truly first-class care.
North Queensland Family Dental provides the full range of general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services, with an emphasis on orthodontics and Invisalign. We have recently been recognised as Townsville’s only Invisalign Platinum Elite Provider.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an Oral Health Therapist to join our team on a permanent full-time basis. Candidates will ideally have an Adult Scope with their qualification, but this is not essential.
The heart of the role:
- Perform scaling, root planning and selective polishing for designated patients
- Provide radiographs when appropriate
- Provide topical fluoride applications
- Provide general and restorative dentistry for Adults and Children
- Provide whitening treatment
- Assist Dentists with orthodontics and Invisalign treatment (Should scope permit)
- Willingness to exceed patient’s expectations and develop relationships
- Actively promote comprehensive dentistry and active maintenance
- Accurately interpret treatment plans aims, objectives and maintain accurate detailed clinical records
- Gather data relevant to dentist’s direction and concurrently assesses patients’ presenting condition
- Adhere to infection protocols and practices
What you'll bring:
- AHPRA registered Oral Health Therapist
- Prior experience at a local Dental Practice highly regarded
- Prior experience with orthodontics advantageous
- Adult Scope in oral health advantageous
- Excellent work ethic and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent communication skills and presentation
- Ability and willingness to learn new techniques & work in a fast paced, team environment
- A caring and empathetic personality
Benefits of joining North Queensland Family Dental (and Bupa Dental Corporation):
Enjoy the benefits that working with North Queensland Family Dental can bring you. We’ll recognise and reward your talent and experience, giving you the support and freedom to shape the career that’s best for you, while helping you achieve the work/life balance you richly deserve. We'll also give you access to;
- Well fitted out practice with the latest equipment/technology - Trios and Itero scanners, 3D Printer, Cerec and Cone Beam XRAY unit
- Networking opportunities across the business and with peers
- Highest standards of clinical governance and expert practice support - giving you the time to concentrate on patient care
- Access to an in-house compliance team
- Discounted continuous professional development (CPD)
- Established career pathways, with clinical and non-clinical roles to further develop your career
- Well-managed appointment book
- Practice level marketing support
- Access to the latest equipment and technology
- Access to referral program
- Access to benefits such as, HI discount, optical discount, pet and travel insurance discounts, etc
How to apply:
Our people are at the heart of everything we do because we care. We have created environments where people can look forward to coming to work, feel empowered and benefit from working collaboratively with brilliant & talented experts.
If this is the role you've been looking for then click the Apply now button to submit your resume and cover letter.
Alternatively, to discuss this role or other opportunities within the Bupa Dental Corporation Network please email firstname.lastname@example.org contact directly on +61 419 018 381.