Job Reference: IMGS- JO-2012-17272
- Exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Dental Assistant
- Join our friendly team in our state of the art and contemporary practice
- Conveniently located in West Lakes, close to Adelaide CBD
Located on West Lakes Boulevard, Island Dental offers a wide range of dental services tailored to our patient's individual needs, promoting lifelong oral health and a great looking smile.
Daily tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assisting our dentists in all aspects of dental treatment and procedures
- Treatments include direct restorations, crowns, bridges, RCT, dentures and Invisalign
- Provide sterilisation and infection control
- Prepare patients & facilities for dental procedures
- Patient liaisons; communicating the need for treatment to our patients in an educated and professional manner.
- High-end patient care; building & maintaining relationships with all clients in a friendly & warm manner
- Patient management; answering all phone enquiries, greeting and assisting clients, checking, processing & managing customer accounts; assisting to manage the patient recall system
The successful candidate will bring to the practice the following attributes and skills:
- Previous experience as a Dental Assistant, minimum 2 years’ experience required to secure an interview
- Certificate III or IV in Dental Assisting will be highly regarded
- Experience assisting in CEREC, ceramic dentistry will be highly regarded
- Experience with Dentrix Ascend will distinguish the ideal candidate
- High quality professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build rapport with patients and staff as well as the ability to work in a close-knit team
- Previous experience in a fast paced, busy dental practice will also be highly regarded
- Current Police Clearance and Working with Children checks required for application process if successful
Working at Island Dental
Dental Assistants choose to work for Island Dental because we offer a beautiful, upmarket practice, with a fantastic, close knit team. We utilize the latest in dental technology including the latest CEREC ceramic dentistry, digital radiography (x-rays & OPG), intra-oral cameras and Philips Zoom in-chair whitening, meaning we only offer the best treatment options for our patients.
The right candidate will be provided with training, however, will be expected to hit the ground running!
Every role we recruit for is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and skills.